Phone: 330-799-9100 • 888-269-5371
When it comes to quality carbide wear parts, Cowles Tool has been setting the standard in the industry for over 50 years. Whether you need workrest blades for centerless grinding, using carbide wear liners in the refactories industry, or need belt scrapers for a current or upcoming project, you are guranteed to see the Cowles’ difference in the products that you need.
Since we only use the highest quality carbide and manufacture our products to your individual requirements, we view our customers as partners in production not just a purchaser of our products.
Carbide Wear Parts
Our tungsten carbide inlaid wear liners used in the refactory industry or other applications require a longer lasting wear surface. Cowles Tool carbide liners not only increase the durability of your liners, but also boost productivity due to less maintenance and decreased machine downtime. We also have the capability to repair and grind your liners when they become damaged or become too rough to use.
• Tungsten Carbide inlay can withstand the harsh demands required in the manufacturing of
super abrasive bricks
• By using a higher grade of tungsten carbide than our competitors, our liners will wear
better while reducing machine downtime and increasing productivity
• Our liners have considerably less pieces of carbide per liner, which reduces the chances of any pieces
becoming unsecured while in use
Step Workrest Blades
At Cowles Tool we understand that no two workrest blades are the same, especially in regards to Infeed and Thrufeed workrest blades. Since most of these blades require various lengths of carbide and precise milling to manufacture, we are able to meet the challenges of the most complex blades. With our years of producing these blades we are able to provide our customers with the finest step workrest blades available in the industry. We can manufactue OEM blades or can custom produce blades to meet your specialized tooling requirements.
• Manufactured in the USA
• Step tolerances of 0.000010”
• Surface finish of 1-2 rms available
• Brazed with high quality tungsten carbide and silver solder
• Temperature controlled inspection room
• Examples of Machines served: Cincinnati, Milacron, Gold Crown, Koyo, Landis, Lidkoping,
Micron, Nomoco, Royal Master & more
Belt Scrapers (Radius Blades)
These tungsten carbide inlaid conveyer belt scrapers are made to customers specification for use in the coal and mining industries, or any other conveying applications that require scrapers or cleaners with strength and endurance. Since these scrapers have a carbide inlay, they are much more durable than their steel counterparts, which results in longer life and lower replacement costs.
• Cowles Tool offers similar quality scrapers as OEM’s, but at a fraction of the price
• Our experience in both tungsten carbide wear parts and machining capabilities make us uniquely
qualified to provide a superior product
• We also offer repair and replacement service for the carbide when your parts need refurbished
Available in a variety of sizes and specifications, enabling us to meet the specific application demands of our customers.
For over 50 years Cowles Tool has been a leading manufacturer of workrest blades for centerless grinders, we have built a reputation as a manufacturer and reconditioner of blades used in the centerless grinding industry. All of our blades start with quality tool steel bodies, and have carbide silver solder brazed on to them to guarantee unmatched strength and durability. After our blades are manufactured they are inspected in our atmospherically controlled inspection room to insure they meet the close tolerances demanded by our centerless grinding customers.
• Manufactured in the USA
• Capabilities to manufacture OEM blades or custom blades
• Tolerances to +/- 0.000025
• One piece carbide construction
• Special inspection equipment is used to verify dimensional accuracy
• Examples of Machines served: Cincinnati, Milacron, Gold Crown, Royal Master, Koyo, Micron,
Lidkoping, Nomocco, Estrata, Monza & more
Cowles Tool has the capability of brazing a single length of tungsten carbide to a radius surface, allowing for a longer lasting blade without incurring the cost of solid carbide tooling. These blades also demonstrate what we mean when we say the Cowles difference! From the intricate brazing and grinding required on these radius blades, to the detailed inspection when finished, these blades display that no job is too demanding when it comes to carbide inlaid wear parts at Cowles Tool.
• Blades require skilled craftsmanship and extensive experience to manufacture in order to
meet customer requirements
• Each blade requires grinding to be done by hand, which demand more expertise than other
carbide inlay blades
• These parts also need the carbide to be bent before they can be brazed, which requires an
experienced brazer to perform
• Cowles Tool can offer you not only both of these capabilities, but years of experience to make sure
the blades meet your exacting standards